Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Whew

Wow! It’s been forever since I’ve posted a blog. Life is busy with a toddler, a fiancé & a full time job. My goal is to post a condensed version of everything that’s been going on in our lives the past few months!

Our monkey is almost 14 months! On March 28th we had his first birthday party at Red Mountain Park and he had so much fun. It was Land Before Time theme…but the wind was of course crazy so the decorations didn’t last that long. Oh well. I think that I was the only one who minded. We had the pool full of sand for the dinosaur dig and the kids enjoyed getting dirrrty and playing in there. It was kind of nice to have a little confined area to keep the babies happy in. The kid made out like a bandit and got a ton of awesome stuff. Lucky little guy! On April 3rd (his actual birthday) Daddy, Caleb & I went to the Phoenix Zoo. He had so much fun looking & pointing at all the animals. The “kitty kats” (tigers) were the highlight of his day, I think. He has been doing amazing these past few months though. He just got his 7th (finallllly) tooth and is working on some more. He jabbers nonstop and his favorite thing to say lately: “Wus dat? (what’s that)”. He’s picking up lots of words and just becoming a little smarty tarty! I love though that he will sometimes actually follow my directions (“Caleb Tanner, you put those back right now and shut that drawer!” *he shoots me a you suck mom look, slams daddy’s xbox controllers into the entertainment cabinet drawer, and shoves it closed* “Thank you!” OR “You do not stand on that rocking chair, young man”. *he gives me a big silly grin and starts bouncing* “I guess I didn’t say you couldn’t dance on your rocking chair”). He is also as cute and big as ever! We get all the time “How old is?” “Almost 14 months.” “Really?? Wow, he’s just such a big kid. So tall.” “Yes, really. Thank you, Captain Obvious.” It’s not that people are being rude most of the time, it’s just the ones that are trying to tell me, as if I didn’t know, that my kid was tall. Anyways, that’s my gripe of the day. Otherwise – Caleb is awesome!

Tanner & I finally set our wedding date. YAY! It’s August 21, 2010. I cannot wait for our pink and black nuptials.

Speaking of weddings, I’m the MOH in my brothers wedding to Miss Jessica (mom of Jade & Berkley) in November! I’m very excited…because I mean, come on. I love planning and TWO weddings! Yay! Plus, I get to be in charge of the Bridal Shower. I can’t do my own but I get to do Jess’. Awesome.

And on Random But True: My sister, Steph, finished her freshmen year of college at ASU. AWESOME! Congrats, lovely! Our niece, Kaylee, graduated from Gilbert High School. How exciting – Congrats, Kay! I am currently on antibiotics for strep throat…but I would like it noted that I got strep throat less than 2 days after finishing antibiotics for a sinus infection. Really? That only happens to me. I got a new cell phone: HTC Touch Diamond. Thanks, Jay! Last week I went to a dinner with some of the Dobson Diva’s! Hah…a bunch of my good high school girlfriends met up at Aubelo’s for dinner while Nissa & her family were in town. It was awesome catching up with them all. Definitely been too long. My new nephew was born: Vadin Thane. He’s a cutie pie! Caleb can give “pounds” (dabs, knuckles, etc) and now refuses to give five. Pounds only, please. I had a four day weekend because I went home sick after my doctors appointment Friday. Wasn’t nearly long enough. I ordered my MOH dress a size smaller than what fit, now I absolutely have to fit it in it. No option leaves…well, no option. I will fit in it the darn dress. Being sick and unable to eat a lot of stuff helped jumpstart this. But I’d rather not be sick.

And I think that’s a pretty good update for the past two months. I’ll post some pics when I get home!

0 comments: