Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finally!

Whoa, it’s been a while since I’ve taken the time to relax and blog a little. Life is just incredibly busy and I can hardly believe that this is the last week of January. It can never be said enough..time flies by much too quickly!

So life with a 9.5 month old (almost 10!) is always entertaining. :) It’s such a neat stage that he is at. Every day is something new and fun and it’s always exciting to see him learn something new. His latest accomplishments are learning some new words and word association. (But of course I’ll ask him to say something in front of someone and he looks at me as if I’m nuts!). He says “Voooooo” when he rolls his car along the floor and if he drops something he says “Uh oh (sounds more like uh, uh)”. He will wave and say “Bye, Bye (sounds more like Dye, Dye)” and a few times he has said “Mmmm” for “Moo” (we practice animal sounds with h is Little People animals). It’s still so crazy to me that my tiny little baby now drops something and SAYS “uh oh!” Oh and he did the cutest thing the other day, he grabbed my cell phone and put it up against his mouth and said “daddy!” So funny and adorable. He isn’t walking yet but he will take steps on his own and will walk forever holding onto ONE pinky but as soon as you let go and he’s forced to step on his own he sits down. He will stand and bounce and play without holding on forever but he just doesn’t want to take that step. That’s okay it’s pretty fun to be on that brink and watch him work out what it is he wants to do. He’s done it a few times by himself but then he’s like “Oh, crap! I walked by myself, don’t want to do that!” And I’m making a big step this weekend more than likely…my baby is going to spend his first night away from me! I’m so torn and nervous about this. I know he will be in my mother’s perfectly capable hands but still…they’re not my own and I’ve never been away from my baby so it’s so hard! The decision is not set in stone yet but it is more than likely going to be the case and while it’s a good thing it’s a very difficult thing. Yikes! :)

I also have started making his first birthday invitations (already, right?!). They’re going to be handmade (by myself) and since they’re going to take quite some time I’ve already started them. My first mock-up is positively adorable and I’m so, so, so excited about them! I’ll post a picture as soon as I get the mock-up perfect. Let me tell you though…cutting out fifty dinosaurs and fifty tree star leaves is NOT my idea of fun. Anyone who knows me well enough knows I’m OCD and impatient which is just a bad combo when it comes to intricate cuts. No wonder why scrapbooking makes me angry! Too bad I just love it.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error – John Kenneth Gailbraith

2 comments:

Steph said...

Awww, he is entering in such a fun stage! Seriously every stage is great but I really, really loved the months leading up to and just after one year old.

I left Camille overnight (for two nights!) for the first time when she was around 15 months when I went to Vegas. Of course I left her with Jeremy, so I wasn't as nervous as I would have been if she had been left with someone else, but still. It's hard to leave your baby for the first time, no matter what. She did great though and I'm SO glad I did it. I'm sure Caleb will be the same. :)

Nicole said...

Hey did you get rid of your myspace? I can't find you on my friends :(